Sunday, December 30, 2012
Sunday, January 15, 2012
How Did This Happen?
|My desk Monday Morning!|
|My Desk Friday Morning!|
This past Friday's assignment from Clutter-Free Classroom was to make a Plan. That's funny! I'm ADD -what's a plan? Aren't we suppose to jump right into projects head first and think later? Well I'll try it this way and see what happens. I do have to say it is getting me more excited about purging. If I had jumped right in I would have quit by now and nothing would have been accomplished.
This is the hard part for me. I have always kept things thinking I would someday use it! I love crafts – I have many crafts! I love sewing – I have tons of materials. I love scrap-booking – I have way too much supplies! Get the picture? I see things and think OHH I can use that for … and it never gets used!
So here goes:
1. If it doesn’t pertain to 2nd grade – get rid of it!
2. If I have it on my laptop – get rid of it! I can print when I need it. Hmm – but then I have to organize my laptop files. (DEEP SIGH!)
3. I will use binders to organize my papers. Fortunately another teacher’s husband had donated boxes and boxes of binders!!
4. Take care of papers as I use them. This is one area I started with this week. With great results!
5. Keep one copy only! I have been turning extra papers into scrap paper for the students to color and draw on during free time. I have also started cutting the papers in half and using as writing plan sheets! This has been a great recycle! I just need to be careful what is on the backs in case they go home!
6. Extras or items I don’t use will be going to the 3 (yes 3) student teachers that will be joining my team in a week. They will be thrilled to start their careers with valuable material!
This is all I can think of for now – I’m sure more will come as I start the purging phase this week!
BRING IT ON!
The 2nd week of my journey went much smoother than the first. Except for a few mishaps that are normal to MY 2nd grade class.
The pencil sharpener was being a little funky - or was it the person working the sharpener.
At the same time other students were doing their library job of putting books away and tidying up. Why does all of this happen at once!?! A whole book bin fell spreading books all over. Definitely need to rearrange - so these things don't happen!
But I LOVE MY CLASS! They are just like me!
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Here it goes -
I'm sure you can guess what it might be ...
My New Year's Resolution is to become organized!
At home and in school!
I was frustrated that other teachers were leaving school "HOURS" before I was ready and taking NOTHING home! I don't mind not taking things home - I just want to leave at 4:00 like everyone else! So organization is in order.
I have been following blogs for about 8 months now - I came across "The Clutter Free Classroom Blog" and fell in love! If you don't know what I'm talking about check it out
She has started this amazing journey for all teachers to take - FREE OF CHARGE!!!!!
THANK YOU JODI!
Every week she will guide us through the process of "decluttering" and STAYING clutter-free! I am so excited that I decided to start this blog about my journey! I promise it to be an entertaining read!